- Total Population: ~125mil
- Size Relative to Earth: slightly more than ½
- % Water Coverage: 71% (the same as earth)
- # of Humanoid-Occupied Continents: 5 (1 at the northern polar cap, 2 loosely-attached large continents, 1 large separated continent, and one largely contiguous island chain that’s treated as a continent)
- # of Established Countries (with drawn borders, states, etc.): 12
- # of unaffiliated non-statist enclaves/cities/towns/etc.: hundreds
- Magic is very common, with a bit over one-third of all sentient people having some ability.
Technological level is generally post-middle-ages, roughly equivalent with around the start of the renaissance, with some advancements due to the common nature of magic (easily one third of all sentient population has magical ability). Architecture and engineering knowledge is highly valued and prized, especially sturdy structures which can withstand magical fire and ice and the like. However, this IS still a fantasy world, so guns don’t exist, cannons and other explosives are rare at best, non-magical medicine is still primarily ointments and tinctures and nonsense, etc. Note that certain countries produce better mathematicians and engineers and will be more advanced, while other countries are more rural and slow to change in this regard.
Planar travel and teleport type abilities are exceedingly rare.
- The undead are everywhere. However, mindless undead in Rerenga are considered Chaotic Neutral, not Chaotic Evil, and those with a mind are as likely to be Neutral as they are to be Evil, and a rare few are even Good. The living treat the undead with caution and respect, and though some are to be feared, and there are stories throughout time of Liches and Vampires causing tremendous strife, they are generally thought of as no more harmful than the wild beasts of the forests.